Increase the longevity of your dental implants by always doing your part to care for them. If you have any missing teeth that have been replaced with dental implants, you still need to care for them nearly the same as you would for natural teeth. The more stress and tear you put on a dental implant, the less likely it is to fail you in the future.
Treat all your teeth with the same care and attention whether they are natural or artificial. Listed below are a few of the things you can do to protect your dental implants:
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Snowy River Dental for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Dr. Danton Bradshaw, please call our office in Bellevue, Idaho at 208-788-2006. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!